8mm Strip to Strip LED solderless connectors
Solderless easy connector strip for Colorbright Single Color Series strip lights make is easy for you to connect your LED high intensity flexible strip light to another, to go around corners, or to bridge small gaps. Fits LED flexible strips 5/16 inch (8mm) wide. Easily connect your flexible strip lights without any hard work. Install LED strip lights in seconds.
We make it simple to install and enjoy your LED flexible strip lights.
These can be used to add some length between the strip lights to go through walls, cabinets, around corners, etc.
We recommend to solder your LED strip lights for a stronger connection.
These connectors can be fragile if not handled with care.
Please follow the instructions while installing.
- The wire length is 152mm'
- Amperage maximum: 5 amps
Quick Installation Guide (please read)
Although soldering is the best way to maintain a long lasting connection, the solderless connectors are a great way to get your project going quickly. When installed correctly, the connectors should not be loose and should provide a secure connection.
Advantages of solderless connectors
- No soldering required (although recommended)
- Install LED strip lights in seconds
- Easily attach an additional strip to the run of lights
- Easy to connect and disconnect
- Hold strips in place with durable securing brackets
LED Solderless Connector Short tutorial: (photo tutorial below)
- Cut along the mark line, tear a little bit 3M backing tape from the mark.
If 3M tape is not peeled off a little, it will not be easy to insert the strip into the connector.
- Pull the black plastic lock out from the LED solderless connector.
- Insert strip into the LED solderless connector. There are two sides to the connecting tray. Make sure the wider of the white sides faces up. This is the top.
- Make sure the soldering pads fully touch the conjunction metal.
- Do not use to much strength while pulling the plastic lock, otherwise it can destroy the LED solderless connector.
- Push the plastic lock back towards the middle in the lock position. Be gentle and make sure the mounting tray is securely closed or the lights will not light up.
If your lights do not light up
- Color does not always matter! Make sure you are follow the positive side of the flex strip down through the solderless connector wire to the power supply. Red/black can either mean (+) or (-) depending on what side of the LED strip you have hooked the connector up to.
- Another common problem is that the LED solderless connector may be installed upside down, repeat steps above and try again.
- Also, make sure the tray is closed all the way. If the lights slip out of the connector it is not closed all the way. Be gentle!
- Check your power supply and make sure it is hooked up correctly and correct + and - too.
Photo instructions on how to install LED solderless connectors